Foreign Worker

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) can provide an alternate and quicker means of entry into Canada.  It allows Saskatchewan to nominate applicants, who qualify under criteria established by the province, to the federal government for landed immigrant status.  There is no deadline to apply to the SINP.  However, program criteria may change without notice and your application will be assessed according to the criteria in place at the time we receive your complete application.

The SINP offers:

  • The ability to select applicants whose skills and abilities best fit the province's needs;
  • Application processing times that are faster than other federal immigration classes; and
  • Assistance from Provincial Immigration Officers who are readily available to explain program requirements and processes.

Before You Can Work

You must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada.  A SIN is a nine-digit number you need to work or to receive Canadian government services.  Your SIN number is personal and should be kept confidential;  each person has a unique SIN number.  Visit Service Canada's website for information on how to get a Social Insurance Number.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you need to be authorized to work in Canada.  In most situations, you will need a work permit.  For more information on who is eligible and how to apply for a temporary work permit, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website

For more information link to Saskatchewan Immigration to answer your questions about immigrating or working in Saskatchewan.


Internationally Trained Workers will need to be assessed by SATCC before working in compulsory trades in Saskatchewan.

There are four “compulsory” trades in Saskatchewan:
1. Electrician
2. Plumber
3. Refrigeration Mechanic
4. Sheet Metal Worker

SATCC will do an assessment for certification in the voluntary trades as well.   Please link to the SATCC Internationally Trained Worker web page to read more about the assessment process.